Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eating during the Holidays

Well, if you know me, you know I love my greens.  I call it my girl food! 
And here is Kerry Dunningtons' nod to greens.
My recipe that for girl green goes like this:

GIRLS GARDEN GREENS
FIRST:
Kale, chiffonade/finely chopped so it is not cumbersome to eat
Mache or spinach
NEXT:
top with a heavy garnish of:
Blackberries
Blueberries
Edamame
and drizzle fine olive oil, fresh thyme, salt or lime juice,
stir together and happily refresh your yin! 

Yin's wikipedia definition goes like this:  Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.  It does not completely summarize my mood after eating this, but I do know I am definitely a little stronger and more centered when I eat the foods that make me feel like a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment