Saturday, February 16, 2013

Finally, A Juice of my Own

Just juice, made from favorite fruit and citus and green vegetables.  This concoction is organic spinach, and organic kale...then blood orange juice, meyers lemon juice, lime juice, apples and mangos.  It was mixed in a food processor.  Why did I choose a food processor?  Because I do not know if I am going to make a habit of this, so i do not want to invest in equipment.  I need to know that I love the flavors, and love what good micronutirients and vitamins I am putting into my body with this combination.  I made a batch that lasted two mornings.  Guess I can make a bigger batch to make it last longer, but it's a balance:  freshness vs convenience.  The consistency was thick, but not daunting.  This batch had alot of citrus.   It has a nice sweet and tangy flavor, which works with the morning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment